Monday, January 4, 2010

Green Smoothie Recipe

This is one of my favorite combinations.

I don't ever measure my ingredients when I make smoothies, so I'm totally making this up on the spot. Hopefully this doesn't taste horrible. Please give me feedback so that I can tweak if it does.

First, blend:
2 cups of fresh spinach (loosely packed)
1/3 cup apple juice (organic and not from concentrate, if possible)

Then, add and blend:
1/2 cup frozen bananas (or 1 raw banana...don't forget to peel it ;) )
1/2 cup frozen strawberries (frozen is key because it serves as your ice)
5 tablespoons ORGANIC yogurt (plain or vanilla)

Voila!

Again, don't come cursing me out if the measurements are totally wrong.  I just toss stuff in my blender normally and it usually tastes delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment