Saturday, December 5, 2009

Slim-Fast Recalls ALL Canned Products! Hmm...

Do any of you remember Slim-Fast? I surely do. Back in high school when I thought I was fat, I thought I'd try it out. However, I took a sip of that stuff and never touched a can again. From what I remember of it, it tasted like someone attempted to dissolve powder in a flavored liquid mixture and failed miserably.

Well, it turns out the folks at Slim-Fast are recalling all of their "meal replacement" weight-loss bevies. The FDA posted a recall notice on their website that reads, "The recall involves all Slim-Fast RTD products in cans, regardless of flavor, Best-By date, lot code or UPC number."

Why the recall, you ask? It looks like there's some bacterial contamination that can result in moderate food poisoning. Scary!

I'm not even going to lie - I'm glad this is happening now. This product should have been pulled from the shelves years ago.  How anything whose main ingredients are milk, sugar, fructose, and cocoa can help you lose weight is beyond me.  I must have missed that lesson in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment